THE MAIL ORDER FORM PROCESS
Customers wishing to buy guns, air rifles, certain gun parts or ammunition online will require a Police Mail Order Form. When you make a purchase online you will automatically be notified whether a mail order form is required or not, and then we will assist you with the process.
Follow these Steps
- Purchase the desired firearm/ part or ammunition through the online checkout process.
- We will then email you a partly completed mail order form after your purchase, or you can download and complete the ‘Section 43A Mail Order Form‘ yourself with this link.
- Follow along and fill out all relevant details in Section 1 of the form.
- Seller/Supplier – The form we supply will include Delta Mike LTD’s information filled in.
- Firearms/Parts – Enter the make, model, calibre and quantity of items being purchased.
- Ammunition – List calibre and quantity purchased.
- Purchaser’s delivery address – For parts, these can be shipped to your home address. For Firearms, these can only be delivered to your nearest Mainfreight depot or your local firearms dealer (please notify your local dealer). Your local dealer/depot will inform you when your firearm(s) have arrived and are ready to collect. Air rifles can be shipped directly to your residential address. Delivery to your nearest Mainfreight depot will not incur any extra fees. Please note that some dealers may charge a small fee to receive firearms on your behalf.
- Print and take your Mail Order Form to your local Police Station in person. The police will then forward your completed form once processed directly to Delta Mike LTD. You don’t need to do anymore from this point. You can find the contact details of your local Arms Officer here: https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-services/firearms-safety/contact-us
- Once we receive the completed form from the police via email we will dispatch your order!
NOTE: Having firearms delivered to another dealer does not negate the need for a mail-order form. As Delta Mike Ltd is the seller, we must verify your license as a legal requirement.
Firearm parts requiring a mail order form
- Stocks and Chassis Systems
- Magazine Adapters
- Flash Suppressors
Purchasing a Handgun
Possession of a handgun requires a current firearms license with a ‘B’ or ‘C’ endorsement. You can purchase a handgun at any time online or in-store. The firearm will be held in your name and we will provide you an application for a ‘permit to possess’. You then must then complete this application, take it to your local Arms Officer, obtain the Permit to Possess and send via post to us.
If you are in the process of obtaining your ‘B’ endorsement, you are welcome to purchase a handgun to secure it. We will hold it in your name until you obtain the relevant endorsement.
If you want a a permit to possess form now with our details already filled in, please click here.
If you are unsure of the correct procedure, please don’t hesitate to contact us.